Dreamworld Theme Park is one of the Gold Coast’s and Queensland’s premier tourist attractions. Whitewater World is a separate theme park adjacent to Dreamworld.
Created by Ardent Leisure, Whitewater world was completed in record time. With a construction value of approximately 60 Mil AUS, this waterpark is designed to provide a thrilling adventure for thrill-seekers and sun-lovers in a special location on Queensland’s Gold Coast.
It’s not every year a theme parks is designed and constructed in Australia, and this particular park is strategically located near Dreamworld providing loads of adventure and choice.
Citicene participated in the early design phases of the project and provided preliminary master-planning ideas for the site structure.
Providing Landscape Architectural advice all the way through to certification and completion, the opportunity to participate in the design and construction of this theme park was a privilege.
Landscape elements include;
- feature entry palm bosques to ‘draw’ patrons to the main attraction, the wave pool
- large shade trees to provide gathering areas for patrons
- colour and patterned pavements to merge and enhance the waterpark theme
- and decorative and buffer planting to boost patron experience.
A range of landscape architectural services for this project. These included:
- Landscape Masterplanning services for the theme park
- Schematic Design
- Authority Approvals
- Design Development
- Contract Documentation
- Contract Administration services including supervision of the landscape construction.
“WhiteWater World was a complex project from start to finish, and designed and constructed under an extremely short timeframe. Landscape Architecture was delivered by Citicene and completed with great results.”
Bob Seow Tan
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Richard Groves Architect