Springfield, Queensland, Australia
Project Services for Education Queensland developed Springfield State School at Springfield, Ipswich Region.
The site is an extensive parcel of land that slopes toward the North which provided an ideal aspect for landscape design. However, the grade and topography proved a challenge and therefore significant retaining walls were required due to meeting pedestrian equitable access requirements.
The Landscape for the site is extensive and specific requirements were required to meet Education Queensland’s specification.
Some of the landscape elements include:
- feature shade trees to outdoor play areas and pedestrian footpaths;
- a ‘green spine’ through the centre of the site which also provides overland flow for stormwater;
- erosion control to landscape buffer zones;
- pocket recreational ‘break out zones’ for students;
- surrounding streetscape design in accordance with Local Authority requirements;
- carpark design including shade trees and CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design) considerations;
- entry forecourt design to school entrance.