As part of a refurbishment project, the parish decided to activate the site frontage to improve connectivity with the street and local neighbourhood.
In collaboration with Elevation Architecture, Citicene developed concepts to increase usage of the site frontage and integrate it with the proposed building refurbishment.
Landscape considerations included:
- Integration of the proposed building renovations into the existing landscape and surrounding context
- Creating an inviting entry from the street and link to the main entry
- Reinforcing the site structure and hierarchy through planting selection and finishes
- Provision of multi-purpose spaces for site users and the public
- Landscape buffering to site frontage in accordance with GCCC Landscape Code
- Use of hardy, drought tolerant and low maintenance plants
- Softening and screening of build form
- Assessment and retention of suitable existing trees and understorey vegetation where possible.
Robina, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Client | Robina Anglican Church
Architect | Elevation Architecture
Structural | Westera Partners
Mechanical | MDA Consulting Engineers
Hydraulic | MDA Consulting Engineers
Electrical | MDA Consulting Engineers
Photographer | Paul Griffiths