As part of the new Whitewater World Waterpark adjoining Dreamworld, the theme park's primary carpark underwent a significant upgrade to accommodate additional patron numbers and demands.
Citicene were engaged to provide Landscape Architectural advice including landscape masterplan, detailed design and supervision for this carpark to ensure an integration with the new waterpark and existing Dreamworld fun park.
The project involved consideration of typical design strategies such as shade requirements in accordance with the Local Authority guidelines, pedestrian thoroughfares, safety and maintenance considerations.
Other landscape improvements included;
- the creation of an palm lined entry boulevard that was planted with mature Livistona australis (Cabbage-Tree palm) specimens, vegetation buffering to carpark boundaries
- applying an appropriate landscape buffer treatment to the perimeter of the Carpark in line with the LAP and relevant Standards whilst maintaining views to theme park signage
- and low maintenance and drought tolerant species.
The internal landscape treatment of the Carpark needed to:
- provide adequate shading;
- ‘soften’ hard surfaces;
- ensure safe and easy circulation for both vehicles and pedestrians.