The new 8,400sqm precinct refurbishes a portion of the heart of Dreamworld theme park at Coomera on the Gold Coast. It includes newly themed rides and attractions, merchandise structures and festive musical shows.
Citicene were engaged to provide landscape specialist advice on a new precinct at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast.
Landscape design objectives included;
- integrate a plant palette that has strong visual characteristics;
- ensure commercial availability of plant selections;
- ensure species are low maintenance;
- ensure species are resistant to the fungus Myrtle rust (Puccinia psidii s.l.);
- integrate the landscape with the proposed themes (Madagascar and Shrek);
- relocate and reuse mature specimens that are appropriate to the themes.
The previous precinct had a number of mature plant specimens suitable for reuse and these were relocated off site and then replanted when the landscape was under construction. Utilizing this mature vegetation created ‘instant impact’ on opening day.This project has also been featured on World Landscape Architecture online and also in the Landscape Australia magazine. World Landscape Architecture can be viewed at the following link.
- Client: Dreamworld in conjuction with DreamWorks
- Builder: Dreamworld