This luxury home is located adjacent to a golf course so the rear outlook of the home is directly onto a natural vegetated corridor. Citicene were engaged to deliver a range of landscape architectural services including Concept Design, Documentation and 3 Dimensional representation of the end product.
Low maintenance was a priority for the owners of this property so the plant palette is minimal with textures maximized through the pavement and hard finishes. A 'putting green' is strategically located at the rear of the property, while substantial level changes where accommodated with a cantilevered deck.
- design advice and resolution of the rear yard including the substantial deck and associated landscape space
- integration with the swimming pool and putting green
- 'hard' landscape works including retaining walls, pavement, stairs and some ramps
- Schematic design and documentation services for tender and construction.
- General landscape advice during construction.
Species selection includes feature Screw Pines (PANDANUS pedunculatus) and a range of drought tolerant and maintenance free plants. These are:
- Pig Face (CARPOBROTUS glaucescens);
- Imperial Bromeliad (ALCANTAREA imperialis);
- Cousin It (CASUARINA glauca);
- Blue Curls Echevaria (ECHEVERIA x Blue Curls)
- Grass Tree (XANTHORRHOEA johnsonii).
Other features of the garden included fruit trees and these are:
- Meyer Lemon (CITRUS x limon `Meyer`)
- Paw Paw (CARICA papaya)
- Persian Lime Tree (CITRUS x aurantiifolia `Tahiti`).
The result is a landscape that meets the Client's expectations, complements the Architecture of the home while providing a space for enjoyment, pleasure and entertainment.