Golf Links Estate is a residential subdivision located in Weipa, North Queensland. Developed by Rio Tinto, this residential estate includes a large landscape component that is both functional for stormwater overland flow as well as providing outdoor recreational facilities for residents.
Aims and Objectives of the landscape included:
• enhance streetscape character through the planting of street trees in accordance with the local authority requirements.
• stabilise drainage corridors using stabilisation methods such as grassing and seeding.
• provide durable playground facilities to the local park for residents.
• enhance the site frontage with randomly placed trees.
• enhance the pedestrian connectivity of the site by provide walking circuit footpaths for residents throughout the park and subdivision.
Lambert & Rehbein