The Burleigh Heads Catholic Parish commissioned the design and construction of a new parish on a hillside location at Burleigh Heads. Prominent Architect - Peddle Thorpe delivered Architectural design for this distinctive building and Citicene were engaged for Landscape Architectural services from concept through to completion.
This project required detailed services from a number of specialists related to Landscape including Arborist services and Ecology services. Citicene, coordinated engagement of specialists to work as part of the design team to deliver satisfactory outcomes for all stakeholders including the local authority - Gold Coast City Council.
Citicene provided a design that enhances the site, integrating the new buildings with the surrounding context, and contributing to user amenity.
The landscape design elements include:
- landscape design integrated with the architectural aims and objectives for the project
- contemporary lines, finishes, plant selection and other landscape elements
- an entry statement, pavements, garden beds, turf, shade planting, retaining walls, amphitheater and water feature
- durable and low maintenance finishes
- enhanced pedestrian circulation and access to the various areas of the site
- multi-use spaces to congregate, relax and socialise
- a primarily native planting palette with signature specimen plants
- offset planting of native trees and shrubs.
Citicene were engaged to provide landscape design services, including schematic design and contract documentation for 'hard' and 'soft' landscape works across the site. In addition to this Citicene delivered landscape approvals through Gold Coast City Council and supervised landscape construction throughout the building period.
Citicene also negotiated approvals for tree works with the Department of Environment and Heritage Protection to address New Legislative Framework with regard to vegetation on the Gold Coast.