Bonney Lane Apartments are affordable housing apartments constructed under the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) by BHC.
Citicene were engaged to deliver landscape approvals and landscape architectural advice for this project and delivered landscape services from Concept to Completion including Certification.
This multi-unit residential development is located in the heart of Fortitude Valley, Brisbane and the Architecture was completed by COX Architecture. This project has a number of unique landscape initiatives.
In memory of teenagers that had passed away, five established Blueberry Ash (Elaeocarpus reticulatus) trees in the streetscape were semi-mature, and the protection and retention of these trees was an important component of the project.
Other landscape design elements of this project included;
- the incorporation of indoor garden spaces on numerous levels throughout the building
- a communal gathering space including a mature tree specimen as a feature
- individual spaces for residents to provide their own food sources otherwise known as 'edible landscaping'
- streetscape rejuvenation including pavements and street tree design to Brisbane City Council standards and requirements including the retention and protection of five established Blueberry Ash (Elaeocarpus reticulatus)
- 'green wall' trellis to several building facades including the use of Creeping Fig (FICUS pumila) incorporated to the western building facade.